Whether you’re an existing Highmark member or shopping for a new health plan, the associates at our Highmark Direct health insurance stores are here to help. We explain health insurance in easy-to-understand terms so you can feel confident making plan decisions.
Visit one of our 12 convenient store locations for one-on-one discussions focused on your specific health insurance and health care needs.
Highmark Direct Health Insurance Stores: Services We Offer
Highmark is a leader in community health and wellness. We opened Pennsylvania’s first health insurance stores in 2009. Our Highmark Direct health insurance stores feature:
- Personalized services: Our store associates meet one-on-one with you to answer your questions and address your health insurance needs.
- Convenient locations: You can find our stores in 12 Pennsylvania cities, in commercial districts where you routinely shop. Most stores have evening and Saturday hours. See store locations for hours and more information.
- Pressure-free shopping: Our sales associates don’t receive commissions. They’ll never try to sell you coverage that you don’t need.
- Direct phone access: Occasionally, you may stop in without an appointment and find that our store associates are helping other customers. Our store concierge can set you up with a direct line that provides immediate access to an on-call Highmark representative. You’ll never be placed on hold.
- Translation services: Our in-store customer phone line offers translation services [in many spoken languages]. We also have sign language interpreters who can meet with you at a store.
When making an appointment, please let us know if you need translation services.
- Customer kiosks: Use our computers and free Wi-Fi to log into your Highmark member account, evaluate plan options, find a provider and complete other health care tasks.
- Free health assessments: Visit the health evaluation area at your local store to check your weight, body mass index (BMI) and blood pressure. You’ll receive a printout of your personal information with tips for improving your health.
Highmark Plan Members
We value you as a Highmark member and want you to receive the maximum benefit from your plan. Visit your local Highmark Direct health insurance store to:
- Become plan savvy: We’ll answer your policy and benefits questions and provide money-saving tips to minimize your out-of-pocket expenses.
- Shop for insurance: If you have lost insurance coverage or are moving and need to switch plans, we can explain your options, walk you through the differences and find the best plan for your needs and budget. Highmark’s health insurance plans include:
- Highmark Medicare Advantage plans, including private health insurance (Part C), standalone prescription drug coverage (Part D) and Medigap supplemental insurance
- Individual and family plans
- Other insurance, such as travel and dental insurance
- Pay your bill: Stop in anytime to pay your monthly premium with a check or money order. Depending on your plan, you also may be able to pay with a credit card. Contact your local store for payment information. We also can help you enroll in electronic payment options.
- Get help with health care tasks: We can help you find providers, schedule medical appointments, submit claims, transfer medical records and assist with other health care tasks.
- Resolve billing issues: We can look into charges for medical services. If necessary, we will help to set up a payment plan for you.
- Manage your health care: We will connect you with a Highmark Clinical Care Team. These experts can help with medication issues, disease management and at-home care.
- Improve your wellbeing: Throughout the year, our stores host free programs and seminars to help you live healthier and manage chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
Nonmembers Shopping for Health Insurance
Our sales associates will work with you to find an insurance plan that meets your specific needs and fits your budget. Our plans include Highmark Medicare, individual and family health coverage, and other plans like travel and dental insurance. Visit your local Highmark Direct health insurance store to:
- Explore your options: If you need individual or family insurance, we will guide you through Highmark’s plans, as well as other options.
- Compare plans: Using the information you provide, we will help you narrow your list of potential plans. We will explain the price differences of 3 critical parts: your premium, your deductible and your out-of-pocket expenses.
- Learn more about Medicare: For those eligible for Medicare, we offer free, in-store programs and seminars designed to simplify plan selection and enrollment. New Highmark Medicare members can attend seminars to learn more about their specific plan’s offerings and benefits.
- Enroll in a Medicare plan: A sales associate meets individually with you to review your Highmark Medicare Advantage options, including private health insurance (Part C), standalone prescription drug coverage (Part D) and Medigap supplemental insurance. We will identify the best plan options for your specific needs and help with the enrollment process.
- Shop for other insurance: We also offer other types of insurance, including dental, travel and pet insurance.
- Improve your health: Throughout the year, our stores host free programs and seminars to help you live healthier and manage chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
Make an Appointment
For a personalized session with a Highmark Direct health insurance store associate, make an appointment at one of our convenient store locations or simply drop in.